[geeklog-devel] Geeklog CKEditor Integration

Tom websitemaster at cogeco.net
Mon Jul 29 17:39:37 EDT 2013

We need a new editor in Geeklog since FCKeditor is not being developed any
further and we are already having issues with newer browsers.

My vote would be to upgrade our license if we need to and use the CKEditor.
I don't really know the major differences between the 2 licenses beyond
GPLv3 being an upgraded version of 2. As Trinity suggests we could try
asking the CKEditor developers  if they can give  a special exception or
licence but I don't really have a reason to give them as why we want to stay
with GPLv2.

I guess the second option would be to release the CKEditor as a plugin and
bundle it as part of core to ensure that people always have it.

Tom