[geeklog-devel] Geeklog CKEditor Integration

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Wed Jul 31 08:33:36 EDT 2013

Quoting Yoshinori Tahara <taharaxp at gmail.com>:

> I'm sorry but the information provided by me may be a mistake.
> When I saw this site http://ckeditor.com/about/license , I thought the
> license of CKEditor has been upgraded to GPLv3.
> But I found different information:
> http://svn.ckeditor.com/CKEditor/trunk/LICENSE.html

Yeah, it's really confusing. On their website, they just say "GPL"
without any version number - but it links to the GPLv3 text on the FSF
site. They also have a GPLv3 logo there.

http://ckeditor.com/about/license
http://ckeditor.com/support/faq/open%20source#question1

However, when you download the current version of both CKEditor 3 and
4, the documentation says it's GPLv2 or later.

Thanks for taking a closer look.

And no worries, you're apparently not the only one who was confused by
this. I found a Drupal issue that also assumes CKEditor is GPLv3:
https://drupal.org/node/1996750

http://www.themobilepresenter.com/