[geeklog-devel] Geeklog Admin Home

Tom websitemaster at cogeco.net
Wed Jun 19 09:23:10 EDT 2013

>> So you'd like to separate the two?
Yes

>> Btw, with all these changes (also in the themes), the next version should
probably be called 2.1.0 instead of 2.0.1.
Agree

>> I guess that makes sense. Would Admin Home always be the first link then
(like Submissions is now), and Submissions would be listed after
"Stories"[1]?
Submissions would probably go in the tools Section.

>> I guess there's no way to add a 3rd party plugin to one such group?

I figured I would add a new plugin api that checks with the plugin and adds
it to whatever group it wants. At one point I thought of allowing plugins to
add their own group if they want but I am not sure if that is needed.

So we have the 3 groups

Tools - Db backups, Clear cache, Log Viewer, GL Version Test, Configuration,
Documentation, SPAM-X Plugin
Users - Groups, Users, Mail Users
Plugins - All ungrouped plugins

Should we have a Core group? (or some other name) I would see the core
functionality of Geeklog (that do not fit anywhere else) in this group:

Core - Blocks, Content Syndication, Plugins, Stories, Topics, Submissions
(here or in Tools???), Trackbacks

Tom