[geeklog-devel] Speeding Up Geeklog

Tom websitemaster at cogeco.net
Wed Jun 19 14:58:44 EDT 2013

To speed up Geeklog when it creates the $_TOPICS array I have created a
session variable to store the topic tree information for each user. Topics
hardly ever get updated so there is no point in creating the tree from the
db every single page load. This now only happens if a topic gets created,
updated or deleted (or the user security changes).

This is working well but I can increase this further by allowing anonymous
users to share the topic tree (since it is the same for each anonymous
user).

For this though I need the text database column data type. Does anyone have
a problem for the gl_vars table if I change the type for the value column
from varchar(128) to text?

Thanks