[geeklog-devel] Oauth Login and open_basedir

Tom websitemaster at cogeco.net
Mon Nov 18 07:02:56 EST 2013

With Oauth logins Facebook now sends a url to the profile photo that
actually gets redirected to the actual photo.

To handle this I switched to using the pear library HTTP/Request2.php which
uses CURL to handle any redirections.

This means in the php configuration safemode needs to be off along with
open_basedir. From my understanding safemode is not used much anymore but
open_basedir tends to be used in shared hosting environments. If
open_basedir is set then it looks like our OAuth logins will fail (if a
profile pic is present).

What is everyone's thoughts on this?

The only way around this would be rewrite the profile picture downloading
and manually follow the redirections until we get what we want (an image).