[geeklog-devel] geeklog-devel Digest, Vol 85, Issue 10

Tom websitemaster at cogeco.net
Fri Oct 18 07:15:06 EDT 2013

Hi Joe,

Yup I have used Marks work as an example and I have seen how instances are
created based on the user, language, theme , etc... I plan to add the topic
ids in this way as well

The difference with the way the story caching is done (when compared to the
other way of using the functions directly ie
CACHE_check_instance($cacheInstance) as with the What's New Block) is that
it caches it directly into the template cache file. This means if template
caching is turned off in the Configuration then the story caching is turned
off as well. I am currently trying to find a way around this which probably
means a few updates to the template class or by using the functions
directly. I have a few ideas yet which I will try out this weekend.

Tom