[geeklog-devel] geeklog-devel Digest, Vol 85, Issue 10

Joe Mucchiello joe at throwingdice.com
Thu Oct 17 23:00:03 EDT 2013

> CACHE_check_instance($cacheInstance)

Unfortunately I have completely forgotten the specifics behind how to do
the cache stuff so if you need an example, look at the glFusion code.
Caching of articles was the first use of the instance cache stuff. IIRC
there's an if and if the cache is "fresh" you set the 4-6 variables that
can't be cached and it pulls the article from cache. If the else path is
taken, you build the whole article, setting those 4-6 variables as
$nocache and add the instance to the cache.

I think the devil in the details was naming the instance. You might name
it uniquely per topic or have anonymous versions separate from non-anon
versions. Generating the instance name correctly took Mark a few tries.