[geeklog-devel] Proposal about improving the admin section

geeklog at mystral-kk.net geeklog at mystral-kk.net
Sun Dec 7 07:38:36 EST 2014

Yoshinori Tahara wrote:

> If we separate the admin section from theme, these problems could
> quite be solved.
> I've actually done this effort. The outline is something like the
> following.
> 1. Created the admin screen dedicated theme. Named "Admin".
> 2. Deleted the admin screen dedicated templates from the normal theme.
> 3. Fixed the system to selectively use both the admin theme and normal
> themes as the situation demands.
> 4. Created the new Top Bar for accessing the admin section. This Top
> Bar is displayed only when you log on.
> 5. Added the UIkit(http://getuikit.com/) to the system in order to
> create the Top Bar easily.

Sounds quite promising.  Since non-admin users don't see admin screens,
there is no or little need to develop admin screens for each different
theme.  One admin-specific theme will do.

UIkit as well as Bootsrtap is quite handy not only for building the
admin-specific theme, but for creating other responsive themes.  I hope
either of them will be shipped with Geeklog.
--
Kenji ITO
http://mystral-kk.net/