[geeklog-devel] Add a new feature handle the Ajax request

Kenji ITO geeklog at mystral-kk.net
Sat Jan 4 18:12:05 EST 2014

Yoshinori wrote:

> I want to add a new feature that handle the Ajax request into Geeklog.
> I think Ajax is effective to solve a bug #0001543.
>
> http://project.geeklog.net/tracking/view.php?id=1543

I don't fully agree.  The same can be done with PHP.

> In order to achieve this, I want to minor modifications of lib-common.php
> and add new files,
> /javascript/ajax_parts.js
> /system/lib-ajax.php

Since JavaScript is controlled by the scripts class in
"scripts.class.php", why don't you add a new method to the class? For
example:

public function ajax($url, $method = 'GET', $parameters = array())

> This fix is so small, so I believe there is no problem even if committed
> to the HEAD of the repository.
> If there is any problem, then I will revert immediately.
> Or, should I create a new branch?

I believe there will be no problem, too.
--
Kenji ITO
http://mystral-kk.net/