[geeklog-devel] CAPTCHA plugin defeated

Tom websitemaster at cogeco.net
Wed Jan 29 18:14:16 EST 2014

I have had the same experience as well. I have also installed the latest
Captcha plugin (3.5.2) and still get the occasional  spammer getting
through.

The Captcha plugin uses a jQuery plugin called QapTcha
(http://www.myjqueryplugins.com/jquery-plugin/qaptcha)

Captcha Plugin
Pros
- Very easy to use by user
- Supports touch interfaces
Cons
- Not sure how long it has been around

reCAPTCHA Plugin
Pros
- Run by Google who constantly tweak it to make it harder on the spam bots
- These tweaks do not require any changes on our part
Cons
- Everyone uses it so the spambots are familiar with how to attack it
- CAPTCHA's be hard to read