[geeklog-devel] Next Geeklog Version - Feature Ideas

cordiste cordiste at free.fr
Mon Mar 31 09:22:20 EDT 2014

Hi,

Here are my top feature requests:

1. An admin page for comments, with comments list, delete and edition
links will be helpfull.
2. Rename staticpages plugin to pages plugin or allow name
customisation for the folder public_html/staticpages
3. A tool to check files from a geeklog install to get list of
modified files, files that are not part of the distribution...
4. A function to filter submitted variable like

/**
 * Filters submitted variables
 *
 * Uses geeklog functions to filter submitted variables for illegal
content.  Any editing is
 * done in place and no value is returned
 *
 * @param array $vars associative array of variable name => type (type
in (number,alpha,text,html))
 * @param array &$arr reference to associative array of variable name => value
 */
function paypal_filterVars($vars, &$arr) {
    // cycle through each variable applying the appropriate filter
    foreach ($vars as $var => $type) {
        switch ($type) {
            case 'number':
                $arr[$var] = COM_applyFilter($arr[$var], true);
                break;

            case 'html':
                $arr[$var] = COM_checkHTML($arr[$var], 'paypal.admin');
                break;

            case 'text':
                $arr[$var] =
htmlspecialchars(strip_tags(COM_stripslashes($arr[$var])));
                break;

            case 'alpha':
            default:
                $arr[$var] = COM_applyFilter($arr[$var], false);
                break;
        }
    }
}

Maybe we could also  publish a story on geeklog.net to ask ideas to
the community and publish a poll with the 10 or 20 big ideas.

Ben