[geeklog-devel] Geeklog 2.2.0 - What do we want?

Wim Niemans niemans at nlbox.com
Wed Sep 10 09:24:55 EDT 2014

Besides Tom and Ben, no developers are seen at the forum to disclose their opinions. Either there is no interest, either everybody is quite happy with current GL rendering functions.
Maybe the forum is not the right place to discuss, maybe the abstraction level is not good.
Maybe other reasons?

https://www.geeklog.net/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=95800
http://wiki.geeklog.net/index.php/Wireframes
http://wiki.geeklog.net/index.php/GlPage

Background of the effort: I’ve developed a plugin (still in the works) inspired by the forms plugin and databox by Ivy. My experiment uses graph notations for database access and ‘paints’ in a canvas object using a faces concept (similar to glPage). This works quite well, bug free and loads fast. The plugin contains more OO-classes that could be of interest: exceptions, (db)lexicon, maps, validators. For now I am working to deliver glPage and associates with 100% compatibility. It would be very sour if it turns out that it will not make it into the core.

Wim