[geeklog-devel] [SUSPECTED SPAM] Geeklog v2.2.0 Features > What's Next?

cordiste cordiste at free.fr
Tue Dec 22 16:58:55 EST 2015

Hi everybody,

>> what features/changes do we want to see (that are
obtainable)  and who wants to work on what?

+1 for Denim as default theme for Geeklog CMs and for Geeklog .net
this theme is more modern than modern_curv or the anthic professional theme
Convert to fully use UIkit. Why not.

1 theme is enought for a small community and it will avoid 3 updates

>> Calendar Plugin

It is worth adding gsoc work if we need recurring events 9 years after
the request ;) https://www.geeklog.net/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=76193

>> Drop for Live Journal authentication?
>> Drop support for MSSQL / PGSQL ?

Yes to all

>> Demo Site Feature

Yes

>> Geeklog Administration
- Separate out Geeklog Administration from Front End.

I am not for this one. It is a Geeklog feature

>> Staticpages
- Rename staticpages plugin to pages plugin or allow name customization for
the folder public_html/staticpages (so we can still keep the name
staticpages if needed)

+1 for name customization

>> Plugin Repository GSOC project

Yes

>> Menu Plugin
- Was suggested previously to include the Menu Plugin with Geeklog
distributions

+1

- Does it integrate well with UIKit?

I do not know

>> Captcha Plugin
- Should we include a captcha plugin in the default install of Geeklog?

Yes

>> Update Geeklog.net
+1 - Switch from file management to Downloads Plugin.
+1 - Setup Core Developers Page
+1 migrate to Denim theme

Remove/update Bounties!, Sponsors, Paid Support on front page
Choose roadmap on wiki or on tracking
http://project.geeklog.net/tracking/roadmap_page.php but not both

I will try to update all my plugins and remove COM_SiteHeader,
COM_SiteFooter to make them ready for Geeklog 2.2

Ben