[geeklog-devel] Plugin and Themes

Tom websitemaster at cogeco.net
Mon Feb 9 11:45:57 EST 2015

Hey Dengen,

How do you want to handle the uikit files? Will the theme just include them or will Geeklog itself?

The reason I am asking is for the forum plugin. For the forum I don’t want to include the uikit framework if the theme already has it (which it should).

I am also thinking about changing somewhat how the core plugins handle their template files. Currently they are all stored in the plugins directory under templates.

The forum does this a little bit differently by storing the template files under public_html/forum/layout and the user has the option of also including the template files in the actual themes directory and then a forum sub directory.

For example I am thinking of changing the directory structure for the polls plugin:

Plugins/polls/templates/default/

This directory will contain all of the current template files for the poll plugin.

What I will do first is add in a check to see if a directory exists under the templates directory for the current theme. For example:

Plugins/polls/templates/denim/

If it is found then that will be the location of the template files for the plugin.  If it is not found then the default directory will be used.

I also plan to switch the forum around to use this structure (I will still keep in the ability to include the forum template files with the actual template). This way it will be easier to code template files for specific themes.

Thoughts?

Tom