[geeklog-devel] Forum Plugin Update

Tom websitemaster at cogeco.net
Fri Mar 20 16:24:19 EDT 2015

Whenever I ban someone it is always for posting spam (even after several warnings).  At that point in my opinion they don't even deserve access to the site. :-)

The ban plugin (it already exists) also mainly deals with banning spam bots. These I definitely want to ban completely from the site as they chew up server resources.

I personally would never use the forum ban as it is now but I realize that probably is not the case for everyone. Another option I can do is keep the forum ban for posting in place and add a new moderator option for banning the ip completely from the site (using the current ban plugin)

Tom