[geeklog-users] Geeklog mailing lists and the spam problem ...

geeklog-users-admin at lists.geeklog.net geeklog-users-admin at lists.geeklog.net
Wed Apr 9 09:41:00 EDT 2003

Hi,

On Tue, April 8, 2003 2:10 pm, "geeklog-users-admin at lists.geeklog.net" said:
> Yeah, we may have to do this.  It will alienate the few that dislike
> joining lists but it will benefit those who do.
>
> I'll set up all our lists accordingly..

My view would be to:

1. restrict posts to subscribers only
2. Ask anybody archiving the list to obfuscate the e-mail addresses. Ask
them to pull the archive if they won't/can't do this
3. revert the list back to using the personal e-mail address

FWIW, I have not had any spam to my "list" address.

R.
--
Robin Bowes | http://robinbowes.com