[geeklog-users] Installation error

geeklog-users-admin at lists.geeklog.net geeklog-users-admin at lists.geeklog.net
Fri Aug 1 10:52:55 EDT 2003

DIrk,

	Thanks again for your prompt help - hopefully PHP doesn't torture me over
the upgrade...

On Sat,  2 Aug 2003 00:23, you wrote:
> Nik,
>
> >Actually, I'm running MySQL 3.23.36.
>
> Oops. I had something like "4.0.4" in the back of my mind - but that was
> your PHP version. Which is quite old, btw. See also below ...
>
> Before you do that, I would be interested what happens when you remove
> the '@' from the mysql_get_server_info call. I would assume you get an
> error message then.

connecting to localhost
connected to localhost

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_get_server_info() in
/.../public_html/admin/install/install.php on line 184

> I guess it's about time to raise the minimal system requirements for
> Geeklog a bit ...

Yup - I did check, and noticed I was at the earliest version of PHP
supported. The only reason I didn't update was that I had just installed PHP
from the original distro CD (RedHat 7.1), and so was happy not to mess with
it.

I'll update now...

> bye, Dirk
>
> P.S. You're posting with the wrong address again ...

oops - too many personas...

Thanks once again

Cheers!
Nik.