[geeklog-users] Unable to change Admin password after fresh install

Michael Jeltsch jeltsch at csc.fi
Tue Dec 2 05:27:48 EST 2003

Dear All,
I installed geelog-1.3.8-1sr2 freshly on Suse 9. I had to chmod -R 777 /srv/
www/htdocs/images/userphotos and  /srv/www/htdocs/images/articles in order
not to get any error messages. The installation works fine and from the
success.php script I try to log in as Admin/password. That succeeds but when
I try to change the password into anything else than "password" I am thrown
into the main page (index.php) without error message or confirmation that the
action succeeded. I can see that "Admin" is still logged in at that point
(and I am obviously a guest again). From that on, it is impossible to log in
as Admin or Moderator (using both the new or old password).
I have been deleting the geeklog MySQL database and starting all over the
install.php script. I also installed geeklog on Mac OS X and had exactly the
same problem there. I wonder what I am missing here.
Ideas are appreciated.
P.S.: I double checked all my paths and chmod-ed from 775 to 777 those paths
that are mentioned as sometimes problematic.
--
Michael Jeltsch
Molecular/Cancer Biology Lab
jeltsch at csc.fi