[geeklog-users] submitting code

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Wed Dec 17 14:25:16 EST 2003

Lucas,

>Ok, given that the project maintainers always ignore patches, I'm
>wondering what other users do with their code.

With the amount of traffic in the forums, stuff posted there - and also
here on the mailing lists - tends to get lost. So, as Blaine already
said, the best thing to do is submit bug reports and feature requests and
attach your patches.

>So far there are have been a
>fix in search.php, one in the email address check, one in COM_refresh,
>and one in the code to email the password.

Also, before submitting patches, it's always a good idea to check with
CVS. I remember seeing the one about the email address check, but since
the CVS version is already using a PEAR class to do that, it's probably
not going to make it into Geeklog anyway.

The same applies to the emailing of passwords (again, CVS is using PEAR:
Mail now). And, btw, I don't plan on breaking standards just because of
some broken antivirus software.

We discussed the COM_refresh issue here on the list, but came to no
conclusion. Not sure what to do there, but I'm leaning towards leaving it
as it is.

Can't remember what the fix for search.php was about. If it was about the
links showing up when searching for an author - that is a known issue and
exists as a bug report. Blaine, didn't you plan to work on that?

And, as you can see from my late reply, we all seem to have a minor
problem with the time we can spend on the project recently ...

http://www.macosx-faq.de/