[geeklog-users] Is there any hope for my site?

Ola Ogunneye OOgunney at adventisthealthcare.com
Mon Dec 29 10:53:43 EST 2003

You are right, I have my domain name registered with hostway and was
given another IP address even though I have my own IP address, I paid
$6.95/year for Domain name and they are not cooperating with me to
resolve my domain name to my IP address. So I am waiting for the 60 days
(required) to transfer to another registrar. It is because of that, that
I forwarded the domain to my IP address on the hostway site. In the next
9 days, I should be able to resolve my domain name to its proper IP.

I have been advised to do exactly what you said in the forum. When I
change from localhost to IP address, what I get locally is what you saw
on my site. All the broken links with no Pictures, and that is why I
keep thinking that the problem is with Config.php.

I just recently moved the geeklog directory into my htdocs and that is
why you see the site like that. Prior to that, the geeklog directory was
outside htdocs, and if you had gone to http://216.49.74.183, you would
have seen the Apache default page. which tells me that Apache was
successfully installed.

While we are on the subject, I should point out that I am the only user
that I created in mysql. Could this be the problem? Must there be other
users in mysql in order for the system to work?

Thanks in advance

Ola

>>> vmf at abtech.org 12/29/03 10:18AM >>>
Try changing your $_CONF['site_url'] variable to equal
"http://216.49.74.183/".  It looks like your using domain name
forwarding of some type to forward connections from
http://www.feyiola.com/ to http://216.49.74.183/.

Good Luck,
Vinny