[geeklog-users] install cannot connect to socket

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Mon Feb 3 15:24:07 EST 2003

Please read the MySQL FAQ and manual.  Long story short is your MySQL is
looking for the .sock file in the wrong place.  You can either reconfigure
it OR create a symlink.

--Tony

 On Mon, 3 Feb 2003, Dave Price wrote:

> I upgraded my mysql, and it is definitely running.
>

> Server version          3.23.55
> Protocol version        10
> Connection              Localhost via UNIX socket
> UNIX socket             /tmp/mysql.sock
> Uptime:                 21 min 2 sec
>
> Threads: 1  Questions: 19  Slow queries: 0  Opens: 7  Flush tables: 1
> Open tables: 1 Queries per second avg: 0.015
> dbx:/usr/local/mysql#
>
> But install.php fails with:
>
> Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server
> through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (111) in
> /var/www/geeklog/system/databases/mysql.class.php on line 104
> Cannnot connect to DB server
>
> /var/run/ has no entries for myssql ...
>
> any suggestions (I am new to mysql)
>
> aloha,
> dave

Tony Bibbs         | "I guess you have to remember that those who don't |
tony at tonybibbs.com | hunt or fish often see those of us who do as       |
                   | harmlessly strange and sort of amusing. When you   |
                   | think about it, that might be a fair assessment."  |
                   | --Unknown                                          |