[geeklog-users] putty SSH install

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Tue Feb 4 09:29:36 EST 2003

So you are trying to access your FreeBSD Box via SSH using putty.exe?  If
so, explain what you need curl for?  As far as I know, curl is a package
for socket communication over SSL which is not required by Geeklog.

So, to try and answer the question I think you are asking, go to
google.com, search for "putty.exe", download it to your windows boxen (to
your desktop is just fine) and run it.

I'm not sure about accessing the box via a Mac.  I'm assuming it ships
with it's own SSH client.

--Tony

 On
Tue, 4 Feb 2003 eyemovie at mac.com wrote:

> Dear Esteemed Members!
>
> I have been "allowed" to have a webserver at work provided I don't ask
> any support questions and expect them to support it!  My background
> includes mostly Mac, some Windows and have installed Geeklog on Unix
> several times.  FTP, no problem.
>
> I have been provided a MySQL database with password, and "putty" to
> access my server via SSH from the intranet.  I can't find "curl"
> anywhere and it says it is a Free BSD system.  Can someone help me with
> these basic issues of downloading the software onto the server?  I've
> been searching the man pages, online ... and evidently, this info is
> too basic.
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> art ; )

Tony Bibbs         | "I guess you have to remember that those who don't |
tony at tonybibbs.com | hunt or fish often see those of us who do as       |
                   | harmlessly strange and sort of amusing. When you   |
                   | think about it, that might be a fair assessment."  |
                   | --Unknown                                          |