[geeklog-users] chatterblock

Blaine Lang langmail at sympatico.ca
Mon Feb 10 15:51:04 EST 2003

Salsich, Luke" <LJS at protectorgroup.com> wrote:
> So, I have set the chatterblock to disable anonymous use. I, as admin, can see the chat window when logged into the site. However, no other site member can see the chat window even when they are logged in.

The issue here is that you need to create a new users group with the chatterblock.user right and then add those users into this group that you want to have access.

The next question will be: "But I would rather have all logged in users automatically have access"
You can not today modify the rights of CORE GL groups via the group editor and there is no API to update CORE groups to add a new default permission.
This is possibly by updating the SQL tables directly.

Blaine