[geeklog-users] chatterblock

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Mon Feb 10 15:59:01 EST 2003

On Mon, 10 Feb 2003, Blaine Lang wrote:

> The issue here is that you need to create a new users group with the
chatterblock.user right and then add those users into this group that you
want to have access.

Shouldn't the plugin, by default, add chatterblock.user to the logged-in
member group?  Seems this would handle 99% of the users a step...and you
can do this all via SQL/PHP in the install/uninstall script with no need
to mess with the editor.

A good example of this is most plugins I write usually have  new group
associated with them with all privileges assigned to that group.  I think
assign that group to Root so, sensibly, root users automatically have the
rights needed but can be configured in the future otherwise if desired.

> The next question will be: "But I would rather have all logged in users automatically have access"
> You can not today modify the rights of CORE GL groups via the group editor and there is no API to update CORE groups to add a new default permission.
> This is possibly by updating the SQL tables directly.

I addressed this in my post above...

--
Tony Bibbs          "I guess you have to remember that those who don't
tony at tonybibbs.com  hunt or fish often see those of us who do as