[geeklog-users] First time user newbie type person's question

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Tue Feb 18 09:23:10 EST 2003

George,

Glad to hear you gave Geeklog a go.  While Geeklog's documentation isn't
100% complete it does get most users up to speed quickly but, you are
right, how to do the common tasks within Geeklog hasn't be documented. It
think this is due, in large part, to some assumptions we've made about
what users know.  Most GL admins are half-way tech savy and many have
already tried using other systems before giving us a try.

Anyway, I realize those assumptions we've made don't always hold so if you
have specific questions on how to do something, just ask this list and
you'll likely get answers.

To start, here is how you set up an RSS/RDF/XML newsfeed.

1) find the URL of a newsfeed you want
2) log into Geeklog as an administrator
3) click the 'blocks' link in the administration sectino
4) click 'new block' link
5) enter a title, name for block.
6) select Portal block as the block type
7) in portal block section, add URL from step #1 above to URL field
8) hit save button

That's it,

--Tony

--
Tony Bibbs          "I guess you have to remember that those who don't
tony at tonybibbs.com  hunt or fish often see those of us who do as