[geeklog-users] Stories Will Not Save (only)

Wayne Johns wjohns at balita.org
Mon Feb 24 03:54:07 EST 2003

On Monday 24 Feb 2003 10:26 am +8, Shane MacDonald wrote:

About a month ago we moved to a new dedicated server with Apache 2.x and
PHP 4.2.3 our old box used Apache 1.3.x. Since the move we have had a
mountain of problems (we run GL under 6 domains). Certain add-ons will
not work or they work differently.

As I understand the problem is Apache 2 / PHP compatibility problems
which are said to be possibly resolved by PHP 4.5 (I know its not
released yet). If you run Gallery as one of our associates does that is
out.

I can't say I have had any problems editing adding, the problems being
with add-ons.

You must make sure the PHP.INI is set up correctly as many default that
were on in previous verions are now off and this will cause problems,
well this is what we found anyway.

I will ask our technical side what we altered in php.ini as I am not 100%
sure, or maybe Tony and Dirk will be able to give a sooner answer.

Wayne