[geeklog-users] Static pages: text repeated on db insert

geeklog-users-admin at lists.geeklog.net geeklog-users-admin at lists.geeklog.net
Mon Jun 9 14:06:46 EDT 2003

I am running Geeklog on two sites, my own and that of a volunteer
organization to which I belong.

Both are 1.37sr2, but the one that works has the 0.1 static page module
and the other has 1.2.

The one that works posts static pages in the normal way. The 1.2
version repeats chunks of data (in this case text and html pasted from
a text editor into the static page editor form).

It's almost as if the application started writing the data to the
column, and then decided it was having too much fun decided to turn
back a few paragraphs and started again. Here is an example of what
happens:

http://www.jungle.ca/staticpages/index.php?page=20030609141452254

I have tried to match the configs on the two servers as much as I can.
Both are PHP 4.2.2, on Apache 2.0. The working server has
GPC_magic_quotes on, while the broken one had all magic_quotes off.
Turning GPC magic_quotes on on the broken server didn't help.

Both have register globals on.

On the MySQL side, the working server has 3.23.52, whereas my broken
one has 3.23.56

Both working and broken sites have the same lib_common.php - apart from
the comments stuff, which has formatting changes only in the broken
site.

I'd like it if I didn't have to go back to the old plugin, but the
status quo is unworkable.

cmkl
--
Chris Lawson