[geeklog-users] Re: installing plug-ns

geeklog-users-admin at lists.geeklog.net geeklog-users-admin at lists.geeklog.net
Thu Jun 19 19:28:27 EDT 2003

Thanks, not at all intuitive as you say. But not hard to do.

"Seems like a bad idea to rename folders since one may forget then what
it originally was and where to move it. Maybe not a problem in UNIX
(don't know the commands), but sure can be in Mac OS X. Seems like
there should be a folder that is named:
move.the.contents.to.public_html directory and similarly
move.contents.to.public_html/admin/plugins directory or some such. Of
course the directory structure would have been set up differently if
someone was doing this all over again. Probably wasting my keystrokes
as too hard to change now.

I may get sort of used to it, but every program has its own conventions
and one doesn't do it every day. I'm running phpBB and haven't touched
it in maybe six months. Doubt I'd remember how it's put together. But
free is free. Thanks to everyone for putting all this together.