[geeklog-users] GeekLog on Windows 2000 or XP Pro (fwd)

Dwight Trumbower dwight at trumbower.com
Wed Mar 5 15:14:22 EST 2003

What questions do you have?

I just downloaded mysql, php and installed geeklog 1.3.7 on my windows
workstation running IIS. First time I tried it and it worked flawlessly.

I created a virtually directory called geeklog and had it point to
c:\inetpub\geeklog\public_html
I copied the geeklog files to c:\inetpub\geeklog

1. Edit your config.php to the correct paths.

//
// | SERVER
SETTINGS                                                           |
//
|                                                                           |
// | All paths must have a trailing slash ('/').  If you're on Windows,
they   |
// | must also start with a drive letter (e.g.
'C:/').                         |
// | The 'path' value signifies where the config.php (this file)
resides       |
//
$_CONF['path']            = 'c:/inetpub/geeklog/'; //
C:/inetpub/wwwroot/geeklog/     ****** This is the only line I changed.

// You only need to change this if you moved or renamed the public_html
// directory. In that case, you should specify the complete path to the
// directory like this (i.e. without the $_CONF['path']):
// $_CONF['path_html']    = '/path/to/your/public_html/';
$_CONF['path_html']       = $_CONF['path'] . 'public_html/';

//
// | SITE
SETTINGS                                                             |
//
|                                                                           |
// | These settings help define your Geeklog
site.                             |
//
// make sure this is the correct URL to your site (no trailing slash)
$_CONF['site_url']          = 'http://localhost/geeklog';    ***** make
sure you change this line too.

2. edit your lib_common.php

/**
* Configuration Include: You should ONLY have to modify this line.
* Leave the rest of this file intact!
*/

require_once( 'c:/inetpub/geeklog/config.php' );   **** change this line

4. run the install at http://localhost/geeklog/admin/install/install.php

Follow the instructions and you have site up and running.

This is how it worked for me.

Dwight