[geeklog-users] Unable to send mail after user register

Kee Craig xspace at singnet.com.sg
Fri Mar 14 03:57:29 EST 2003

Hi ..

Environment
XP Pro w/ SP1
Apache 2
Php 4
MySQL

I am now using a notebook as a test host.

I was testing the registering of new user. Basically, I tried to register. Then I got this error msg -

Warning: mail() [mail]: Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in c:\Apache2\htdocs\geeklog\public_html\users.php on line 317

I had already went to php.ini and changed from
[mail function]
; For Win32 only.
SMTP = localhost

; For Win32 only.