[geeklog-users] changing theme problems // configinfo.php showing blank fieds // mysql user privileges // suggestion to Geeklog

Fernando Bernardini f.bernardini at mchsi.com
Mon Mar 17 03:56:39 EST 2003

Hi everybody, this won't take you more than 5'  to read.

changing theme problems:

i had a problem when i added a new theme to config.php as the default theme. (i copied and renamed a layout as the examples in the theme documantation).

it was showing me this line at the beggining of every page i open in the browser:

  Warning: Cannot add header information -headers already sent by (ouput started at /home/sites/site33/geeklog/config.php:2) in /home/sites/site33/geeklog/system/libsession.php on line 159

  Warning: Cannot add header information -headers already sent by (ouput started at /home/sites/site33/geeklog/config.php:2) in /home/sites/site33/geeklog/system/libsession.php on line 171

I checked libsession.php and i found out this in line 159
  setcookie($_CONF['cookie_lastvisit'] , time(), $expiredate1, $_CONF['cookie_path'], $_CONF['cookiedomain'], $_CONF['cookiesecure']);

and this in line 171.

           setcookie($_CONF['cookie_lastvisittemp'], $temptime ,$expiredate2, $_CONF['cookie_path'] , $_CONF[ 'site_url'], $_CONF[ 'cookiesecure'] );

Then, when i was trying to log in with any user i got this.

  Warning: CAnnot add header information- headers lready sent by (output started at /home/sites/site33/geeklog/config.php:2) in /home/sites/site33/geeklog/system/libsessions.php on line 273

  Warning: CAnnot add header information- headers lready sent by (output started at /home/sites/site33/geeklog/config.php:2) in /home/sites/site33/public_html/users.php on line 669

  Warning: CAnnot add header information- headers lready sent by (output started at /home/sites/site33/geeklog/config.php:2) in /home/sites/site33/public_html/users.php on line 670

  Warning: CAnnot add header information- headers lready sent by (output started at /home/sites/site33/geeklog/config.php:2) in /home/sites/site33/public_html/web/users.php on line 694
i checked those lines and are related to cookies again.

I deleted my browser cookies couple of times, but nothing happend.

I didn't know how to deal with this, so i install geeklog again, the second time took me seconds to do it.

Why do you think i was having this problems after installing a new theme in the layout folder? (everything was working perfect before i copy and rename a layout to post editing).

The problem started when i added the new layout in the config.php as the default theme.  After doing this, i intentionally deleted the cookies in order to experiment what a user that never entered to the site before can see.   Can't i delete the cookies?

Help please with this.

"configinfo.php" showing blank fieds:

As my problems seems to be related to cookies, Is there any relation with the blanks fields in the configinfo.php?

configinfo.php says that my cookiesdomain config.php has no value:    $_CONF["cookiedomain"] = ' '    What am i suppose to have there?  this is showing a white field in conifiginfo.php

What do i have to do after installing a new theme?  Im afraid this happen again in a future when all my site is working perfect. (it won't take me seconds to reinstall it again).

  In the second installation i add the theme i'm going to edit before doing install.php, therefore i'm not having that problem again. but it will be more than nice knowing what happend.  and knowing how to fix this cookies problem without reinstalling everything again.

Mysql User Privileges:

Las thing completely different, but maybe there's a realtion with all of this.

In the server, we use a mysql root user to create databases, after the database is created we use a regular user that can create, edit, add entrys, etc. to the tables.
After creating the database for this proyect, i added the regular mysql user in config.php but something was wrong, it said that user didn't have permission. I checked manually and the user was right, he could enter and create tables etc. etc.

To avoid this problem, i added the root user to the config.php in the installation process, after the instalation was done, i changed it for the default mysql user, (we do that because of security reasons). That seems it was working well. The root user create all the tables needed by install.php  and then the regular mysql user could create new entries to the tables, new users, notes, etc. (this is what i was testing before having the cookies problem)

Do I need a full privilege mysql user in config.php running all the time?  (i don't think the server administrator will like the idea of having a full privilege user comanded by a webpage).
Do you think this was what cause the cookies problem?   (after the cookies problem i tried changing back the mysql root user, but it didn't fix anything)
Can you tell me exactly what privileges that mysql user need to have?

HELP!!! since im runing the new fresh Geeklog installation with the regular mysql user, im afraid all of this happend again.

I hope this help to everybody that is installing Geeklog right now and is experimenting similar problems.

Thank all of you for reading, and supporting.

FB

Suggestion to Geeklog:  Can you add a search engine for the mailing list in http://lists.geeklog.net/listinfo ??  There weren't to much post right now, and it wasn't too difficult to read all of them before sending these questions.  But as i think Geeklog is growing day by day, it will be helpful in a early future when the emailing list became huge.