[geeklog-users] Upgrading from 1.2 (Error 1064)

geeklog-users-admin at lists.geeklog.net geeklog-users-admin at lists.geeklog.net
Fri Mar 21 19:56:05 EST 2003

Hello there, friends!

I had an old (1.2) geeklog site running for awhile (it's at
gamehendge.org, btw), and I wanted to upgrade recently.  I've followed
the instructions from the website, the docs dir, and even some stuff
from the website, but I still can't shake this error I'm getting.  Check
it out:

If you have no cookie, all works fine, as far as I can tell.  If you do
have cookies, it should work until you try to login, at which point you
get the following error:

1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near ') AND perm_group >= 2)
OR (perm_members >= 2) OR (perm_anon >= 2)) ORDER BY sort' at line 1

Now, it changes slightly if you use the "newadmin" account.  It just
error near ' and then stops.

Also, I have had problems understanding exactly what was meant by the
NOTES file in the sql/upgrades dir.  What tables do you mean.  What SQL
commands should I do?  I only have 40 users, so I could do it by hand,
but I just don't know what to do.

Also, a final note.  A friend of mine has created a brand new account,
and it seems to work fine for him.  It's just the old accounts.

Could someone please tell me the SQL statements needed to upgrade from
1.2 to the current version?

Thank you in advanced!

Seer

p.s. Please reply to me as well as the list, as I'm not subscribed any
more.  Thanks again!

--
Seer Snively <seer at gamehendge.org>