[geeklog-users] How to create a block?

geeklog-users-admin at lists.geeklog.net geeklog-users-admin at lists.geeklog.net
Thu May 22 11:30:47 EDT 2003

Forgive my noobness, I am trying to create a block
with the countdown script below but can't seem to find
any instructions on how to go about creating something
like this. Where do I enter the code, is this all that
is needed etc etc, can anyone offer a suggestion?

function phpblock_countdown(){
// Change the Dates and Event Name to meet your needs
$day = 6; // Day of the countdown
$month = 3; // Month of the countdown
$year = 2003; // Year of the countdown
$event = 'Your Event'; // Event Name
$days_left = (int)(1+(mktime (0,0,0,$month,$day,$year)
- time(void))/86400);

if ($days_left > 1) {
$retval = ('There are ' .$days_left .' days left til '
.$event .'!');
}

if ($days_left == 1) {
$retval = ($event .' Starts Tomorrow!');
}

if ($days_left == 0) {
$retval = ($event .' Starts Today!');
}