[geeklog-users] Problems with special characters [SOLVED?]

kko karkoma at karkomaonline.com
Fri Nov 14 21:16:14 EST 2003

After some tests I've found a dirty workaround for the problem...

[code]
     tr '\\\\015' '\\\\012' < annoying_file.txt > clean_file.txt
[/code]

and the result here...
http://www.karkomaonline.com/article.php?story=20031115012117477

Whenever I click preview, GL deletes half of the "\" characters, so I
must add "\\\\" and then save the story. If you add more backslashes GL
will delete half of them when you preview or save and if you preview
again it will delete more backslashes and if you add eve more
backslashes "\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" blah blah... ad infinitum...

As Rob pointed in a previous post this is a long standing ¿bug?, but the
trick works (almost for me).

Alberto.

--
kko <karkoma at karkomaonline.com>