[geeklog-users] installation problems

Wayne Sloan webmaster at twsj.ws
Tue Nov 18 01:18:33 EST 2003

I get the following error:
Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user:
'wsloan at localhost' (Using password: YES) in
/home/gldtdngs/blog/system/databases/mysql.class.php on line 108
Cannnot connect to DB server

Line 108 reads:
// Connect to MySQL server
        $conn =
mysql_connect($this->_host,$this->_user,$this->_pass) or
die('Cannnot connect to DB server');

When I set up the database on my server, I get a string of code
that looks like this:
Perl $dbh =
DBI->connect("DBI:mysql:gldtdngs_truth:localhost","gldtdngs_wsloa
n","<PASSWORD HERE>");
PHP $dbh=mysql_connect ("localhost", "gldtdngs_wsloan",
"<PASSWORD HERE>") or die ('I cannot connect to the database
because: ' . mysql_error());
mysql_select_db ("gldtdngs_truth");

Ok, I am no genius here, so correct me if I am wrong. But can I
not fix my problem by hacking line 108 to read what my server
returned to me? Say, starting with where it says PHP, I insert
$dbh_mysql_connect... into the file on line 108 in place of what
is there?

I have done what you suggested, and it didn't work. I even
deleted the original database, and created a new one with new
usernames and passwords, and changed config.php to match it. That
still didn't work