[geeklog-users] Access Rights Defaults

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Wed Oct 22 14:00:35 EDT 2003

My hunch is you will find the code in submit.php and in admin/event.php.
  Submit.php will set teh defaults for moderated events, admin/event.php
sets up events added by admins.

This should probably be a feature request to http://project.geeklog.net
to allow admins to set the access defaults not just for events but for
stories, block, etc through the config file.

--Tony

Ed wrote:
> I'd like to understand how to modify the default security settings in:
>
> CALENDAR
> Default for Event Admin users is always:
> Owner  Group    Members   Anonymous
>   RE        R              R               R
>
> I need to change it to be
>   RE        RE            R
>
> This is because Event Admins do not know or remember to always check off the
> Group Edit and uncheck the Anonymous Read, and now we have 300 event entries
> that no one else in the Event Admins can modify, only the Owner can modify.
> I'm going through hundreds per month and changing them all by hand.
>

> STORY
> I basically need to do the exact same thing for contributing stories.
> I've set all the Topic access rights, but the Story Admin group (the only
> people we have submitting stories) never inherits the Topic defaults, and
> always defauts to
>
>     RE        R              R               R
>
> when I need it to also be:
>
>     RE        RE            R
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks

|Tony Bibbs         |[R]egardless of what you may think of our penal   |
|tony at tonybibbs.com |system, the fact is that every man in jail is one |
|                   |less potential fisherman to clutter up your       |
|                   |favorite pool or pond. --Ed Zern                  |