[geeklog-users] RE: Geeklog Documentation Effort

ed e at marinx.com
Fri Jan 16 02:37:04 EST 2004

No I sure hope not.

Here is my personal dilemma.
Nothing I've seen and tried allows for easy posting of images along with the
documentation, nor does it build usable indices of what's being posted.
The wiki paradigm works well for geeks, but not for newbies and
inexperienced users, who are more used to the tree-based interface to
information.

As I said in forum, if it ain't easy and pretty, nobody other than a few
hard-core will post. And since most of the current documentation is for
sysadmins installing GL, and the part about end-users USING GL is missing,
seems to me we won't go much farther than what's already been done.

So I was hoping to find a better app to manage this but haven't had time to
research.

: Has this died?
:
: emagin?

: > emagin, an anonymous user suggested MoinMoin (http://moin.sf.net/) for
: > our wiki purposes as it has image upload capabilities.  I've briefly
: > looked it over and it looks pretty nice.  Have you had the chance to
: > check it out?