[geeklog-users] New user help

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Sat Jul 17 11:16:43 EDT 2004

Bruce,

>Ok, now it's my turn to get irritated,
>Note here a comment that seems to contradict what was said:

To (hopefully) clarify the issue with target="_blank": This is not
supported in Geeklog (that's why Tony suggested submitting it as a
feature request). However, that particular issue is one of my pet peeves
and since I have - more or less - the final word what goes into Geeklog
1.3.x and what doesn't, chances are pretty low that such a feature
request would be implemented. Especially as it's so easy to add yourself,
as I've pointed out in another post.

Sorry for the use of irony in my original post - it sometimes just
doesn't work out over email ...

>Secondly, going through my site I don't see a link to view/read my
>config.php file.  If I'm to ftp to the site and download that config.php
>file just say so

Well, you must have changed and uploaded that file originally in order to
get your site running. You probably still have a copy around on your PC.

As Tony said, config.php is Geeklog's main configuration file (for
settings that won't change too often). It's also documented in Geeklog's
documentation: <http://www.geeklog.net/docs/config.html>

There are over 100 configuration options in config.php. So when you're
looking for something, this is the place to start.

Granted, Geeklog's current documentation isn't exactly stellar, but
please read the little that we have before you start posting questions
that probably have already been answered in the documentation ...

Also check out the FAQ, <http://www.geeklog.net/faqman/> and the
Documentation Wiki <http://wiki.geeklog.net/>.

http://www.geeklog.net/
http://geeklog.info/