[geeklog-users] Problem editing own stories

Vincent Furia vfuria at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 20:34:50 EDT 2004

The thinking behind this is that you should not be able to edit an
article (even if you originally wrote it and/or are the current owner)
unless you have edit permissions for the topic as well.  This allows a
site Admin to restrict certain types of access to a given topic.
Granted, this is not the simplest thing to understand and it perhaps
should be rethought.  However, since its been this way for several
major releases now I don't think it will be changed unless there is an
over riding reason to do so.

This is not a security hole because you need read/edit for *both* the
article you want to edit and the topic that it is in.  Again, it just
allows the Geeklog admin a much finer level of control.

The best way to learn about Geeklog permissions (especially in these
sorts of weird circumstances) is to try things out and see how things
react.

-Vinny