[geeklog-users] Problem editing own stories

Philip Peake philip at vogon.net
Sun Jul 18 21:30:16 EDT 2004

Vincent Furia wrote:

>The best way to learn about Geeklog permissions (especially in these
>sorts of weird circumstances) is to try things out and see how things
>react.

:-(

If there had been a small section in the doc explaining this - just the
way you did, my life might have been a little bit easier.

Ok, I do follow the reasoning - I was thinking more along the lines of
Unix filesystem permissions - write on the directory (topic) lets you
create a file (story), write on an existing story allows you to edit it,
even thought there is no permission to write on the directory (do don't
try to delete/replace!).

Its different, and gives a different sort of flexibility - which I am ok
with.

Thanks for the explanation.

Philip