[Neurons] 2012 --- Evoking NLP Innovativeness

L. Michael Hall meta at acsol.net
Wed Jan 11 23:54:24 EST 2012

From: L. Michael Hall

January 11, 2012

Advertisement for "Innovations in NLP"

EVOKING NLP INNOVATIVENESS

When we (Shelle Rose Charvet and myself) designed the book, Innovations in
NLP, we focused on a simple objective- to create a book that would bring
together the key innovations in NLP during the 1990s and 2000s. Nothing
like this had ever been done before so when we started and when Shelle and I
conceptualized the plan. We really didn't have a sense of what would
happen. But we moved forward. Having a pretty good sense of the field, we
made a list of people who had made innovations that we knew about from the
NLP journals, conferences, and our own personal experiences. [We certainly
missed some and hope to have them in the next Volume of Innovations.]

Having gotten the idea from the book Third Generation NLP by Robert Dilts
and associates, we wanted to bring together, acknowledge, honor, and
celebrate the key thinkers, developers, and innovators in the field of NLP.
There was no thought about whether we agreed with or even liked the
innovations. That wasn't our concern. Our concern was to acknowledge and
highlight that influential people in the field were creating and innovating
new models, patterns, applications, and communities. So in that sense, the
question was not whether it fit or did not fit with our vision of NLP, but
whether people who come from the NLP premises were offering new ideas of
practical value. If they were, we should recognize what they have done.

Now creativity differs from innovation. Creativity actually is the easy
part. "Creativity is a dime a dozen" to quote Maslow. Innovation is much
harder. Taking an idea and turning it into something practical, useful, and
effective and then selling it to others so that it can be rolled out- that's
an incredibly more challenging proposition. So the book is not about
creative ideas in NLP, it's about actual innovations.

In planning and working on the book we were up against a 30-plus year trend-
the trend that the field of NLP has not been very successful in cooperation,
collaboration, synergy, or team work. This is as strange as it is sad.
Strange because it grew from the roots of the first Human Potential Movement
and the synergy that Maslow proclaimed and practiced with Rogers and many
others. Strange because it grew out of family systems and gestalt and other
expressions of working together. Yet sad because by failing to work
together, the disease of raw and rugged individualism that destroyed the
first Human Potential Movement continues its ravages today.

Anyway, Innovations in NLP: Volume I represents a move away from all of that
as it makes a bold and courageous move toward a new age of collaboration.
At least that is what Shelle and I hope will happen with the book. Now you
can explore the key innovations in the field during the 1990s and 2000s as
24 contributors present 17 chapters.

Shipment has arrived: I have now received a shipment of 100 copies of the
new book, they retail at $35. If you buy one for you and a second one for a
friend, you can get both for $60, plus postage.

To order online: go to <http://www.neurosemantics.com/>
www.neurosemantics.com /

Click: Products / Books. Use Paypal.

Paperback - $35 Shipping: $5 if
inside USA - $40 total

$14 if outside USA - $49 total

The Postal Package can hold 2 books; two
books $60 plus postage: $65 or $74.

Or go to <http://www.neurosemantics.com/> www.neurosemantics.com
- Click on "Business"

Click on "Pay a
Statement"

Enter amount and
the shipping cost.

Type in your
Mailing Address and indicate books.

Order by Mail: NSP: Neuro-Semantic Publications

P. O. Box 8

Clifton, CO. 81520- 0008 USA

L. Michael Hall, Ph.D.

Neuro-Semantics Executive Director ---- <http://www.neurosemantics.com/>
www.neurosemantics.com

P.O. Box 8

Clifton, CO. 81520 USA

1 970-523-7877

What is Neuro-Semantic NLP? Get your free subscription to "Neurons" ---
the weekly International Newsletter of Neuro-Semantics. Subscribe at
<http://www.neurosemantics.com/> www.neurosemantics.com. Dr. Hall sends
out Meta Reflections every Monday (Colorado time). Trainers' Reflections
occur on Tuesdays and Meta-Coach Reflections on Wednesdays. Contact Dr.
Hall at meta at acsol.net

For world-class Coach Training --- see Meta-Coaching System at
<http://www.meta-coaching.org/> www.meta-coaching.org and at
www.metacoachfoundation.org

Neuro-Semantics launched the New Human Potential Movement in 2007, for
information about the Self-Actualization workshops, go to
<http://www.self-actualizing.org/> www.self-actualizing.org