[Neurons] How to Become a Trainer in Neuro-Semantics and NLP

Michael Hall meta at acsol.net
Wed Mar 28 11:00:21 EDT 2012

From: L. Michael Hall

Re: How to Become a Trainer

in Neuro-Semantics and NLP

WHAT'S SO GREAT ABOUT NSTT?

NSTT stands for Neuro-Semantic Trainers' Training and, for more than a
decade, we have been training people to step up to the leadership role of
Trainers and Presenters. Today our aim is to run NSTT every year somewhere
in the world. And in my opinion, it is the greatest program for training
Trainers anywhere in the field of NLP by far. Of course, having created and
developed it, I'm somewhat prejudiced about this! So I'm sure you might be
asking:

Specifically, what's so great about NSTT?

Here's the story that governed the development of NSTT and why it is so
great. I did my trainers training in 1990 and when I did, I was also on
the staff. Why? Because Richard Bandler had asked me to come and to "make
the notes" of that training. Those notes are now the spiral book, Becoming
More Ferocious as a Presenter. And while I participated in some NLP
Trainers' Training, when we began offering Trainers' Training in
Neuro-Semanitcs in 1999, I made several decisions:

1) I would not conduct Trainers' Training the way I had received it or seen
others do it. There were many problems with that approach.

2) I would study "training" as an experience and look for the structure and
then design a training that would actually create training competence.

3) I would conduct a modeling project looking for the skill-set and core
competencies of excellence in training.

4) I would figure out a way to benchmark the skills so we could measure the
actual skill.

5) I would collect a group of colleagues who cared about quality and who had
developed high level training and presenting skills.

Why did I make the first decision? For several reasons. First, because of
the low level of actual training skill in the field of NLP. Second, because
there are plenty of NLP trainers who confuse "manipulation" with training
skill! Third, because lots of NLP Trainers don't seem to understand the
importance of "applying NLP to self" and so are incongruent and ineffective.

Why did I make the other decisions? Because in Neuro-Semantic NLP we have
made modeling excellence the focus of our work. What then happened was that
over the years we developed the skill-set of competencies and developed
processes for benchmarking these intangible skills. Also, as we devoted APG
as the flagship training of Neuro-Semantics (introducing the Meta-States
Model and applying it to the genius state of being in the zone at will),
began creating processes for effective public speaking (Presentation
University). So over the past decade, with every presentation of NSTT, the
program has been and continues to be continually refined so that it becomes
richer and richer.

The Content of the Trainers' Training

Today at NSTT - you will receive training in your public speaking skills so
that you can develop your engagement, framing, metaphorical, and semantic
spatial skills that are so good they would make President Obama look like an
amateur. And you will receive a behavioral measurement that will enable you
to recognize precisely where you are in your skill-development and the next
steps to take to reach whatever level of competency you desire. You will
receive training in training design and delivery so that you can not only do
keynote presentations and seminars, but also in-depth trainings for
competency.

You will also receive a psychological foundation for how people actualize
their highest and best in a training environment. That's what the first
three days are about- The Psychology of APG. This enables you to design and
redesign APG in numerous ways to create customized trainings for groups and
organizations that you work with. NSTT also has within it three days of
business skills- skills required for running a successful training business
or selling yourself as a trainer to organizations.

Community

Yet in training trainers in NSTT, we aim to do more. Much more! Namely, we
aim to create leaders: thought-leaders, innovative leaders, community
leaders, etc. And why? Because to stand up before a group and to
effectively communicate your ideas is to lead- to bring out the best in
people, to set a vision about actualizing new potentials, to lead out from
anything and everything that leashes people and interferes with them living
a fulfilling self-actualizing life. And we are doing this because we have
set the objective for ourselves of grooming leaders within the international
community of Neuro-Semantics. So to do that, we use the two-weeks of NSTT
to create a community of trainers and to encourage a deep networking that
will generate new friendships and business partnership for a lifetime.

That's why we typically run NSTT only once a year. By doing so, we create
an international training so you can begin creating links and personal
connections with people from numerous countries. You begin to learn how to
communicate effectively in an international context and across many
cultures.

As you then become a part of the Neuro-Semantic NLP community- the
International Society of Neuro-Semantics- you have a world-wide community of
support behind you. The ISNS then offers you training manuals and materials
so you don't have to re-invent the wheel, you become part of the exclusive
Trainers' egroup, and you receive posts every week to support your ongoing
development.

Competency

With the benchmarks of Presentation skills and Training skills, we are now
able to describe a person's leadership skills in presenting and training in
precise behavioral terms. And because of this, the trainer learns from the
inside-out how to experience being benchmarked and the importance of
offering a competency-based training in organizations. This raises the
quality of the training and enables an organization to recognize the ROI
(return on investment) because it gives people a way to measure what is
typically as unmeasurable.

Also the competency-based training at NSTT has another effect. If you can
demonstrate your core competencies under the pressure of being benchmarked,
and maintain a calm "presence of mind" that manages any and all
performance-anxiety, then you'll be more ready to take on bigger
assignments, like speaking at big conferences.

Commitment

It takes commitment. Lots of it! The training is a boot-camp- intense,
rigorous, fun, and demanding that a person applies the models to self. It's
not for the faint of heart; it is not for someone who wants a vacation from
effort or mindfulness. We hold the cost down so that it is still half the
cost of most NLP training for trainers, but we have not held down the
rigorous demandingness of the training. Leadership requires a lot and
trainer-as-leader needs to be able to stand strong against criticism as he
or she takes a stand. And for those who are already certified NLP Trainers,
NSTT is at half price.

The next one is coming up in July/August in Colorado's summertime in the
beautiful west slope of the Rocky Mountains. NSTT is presented by L.
Michael Hall and Colin Cox, Neuro-Semantic Master Trainer along with five of
the Neuro-Semantic Trainers who are in their internship to become a Master
Trainer.

Details for the 2012 NSTT

When: July 24- August 8, 2012

Where: Country Inns of American, Grand Junction Colorado

Investment US $4,500 - You can get a big savings prior to May 1.

To find out about the special savings - contact Dr.
Hall.

Contact: L. Michael Hall - meta at acsol.net

A Training within the Training

For Meta-Coaches and others who have already experienced APG:

The Psychology of APG

Date: July 24-26, 2012

Investment: US $750 ($495 USD before 1 Oct)

For More Information ---

Write for the NSTT Brochure

Write for the Application File or the Registration File

Write to be added to the NSTT Distribution List --- a list of
people interested in NSTT this year or in the future.

L. Michael Hall, Ph.D.

Neuro-Semantics Executive Director ---- <http://www.neurosemantics.com/>
www.neurosemantics.com

P.O. Box 8

Clifton, CO. 81520 USA

1 970-523-7877

What is Neuro-Semantic NLP? Get your free subscription to "Neurons" ---
the weekly International Newsletter of Neuro-Semantics. Subscribe at
<http://www.neurosemantics.com/> www.neurosemantics.com. Dr. Hall sends
out Meta Reflections every Monday (Colorado time). Trainers' Reflections
occur on Tuesdays and Meta-Coach Reflections on Wednesdays. Contact Dr.
Hall at <mailto:meta at acsol.net> meta at acsol.net

For world-class Coach Training --- see Meta-Coaching System at
<http://www.meta-coaching.org/> www.meta-coaching.org and at
<http://www.metacoachfoundation.org> www.metacoachfoundation.org

Neuro-Semantics launched the New Human Potential Movement in 2007, for
information about the Self-Actualization workshops, go to
<http://www.self-actualizing.org/> www.self-actualizing.org