[Neurons] The Power of VULNERABILITY

Kirsten van Gent - Schults kirsten at mindofyourown.nl
Thu Jun 28 04:50:00 EDT 2012

From Kirsten Schults
Kirsten at mindofyourown.nl

Dear all,

I wanted to reply on Michaels reflection on vulnerability because for me it has been my doorway to success. When I started training I didn't know that being real is key. But I found out quick enough. The moment I opened up and showed 'the real me', people started to react differently. The atmosphere in the group became open and people feel safe to share their thoughts and emotions.
And not soon after my first steps on this new path came a test. What happened?

While adjusting my chair in front of my group of NLP students I suddenly bounced backwards of it. There I was, laying on my back with my feet in the air.
Then and there I felt a crossroad: am I going to sink into the earth of shame or am I going to be real about it and use my own inner dialogue as an example for how we can use NLP?
I did the last and we had a good laugh together.

Today someone send me a great tip on the subject. A video of Brene Brown. She is a research professor at the University of Houston Graduate College of Social Work. She has spent the past decade studying vulnerability, courage, worthiness, and shame. On the website Tedtalks there is a GREAT video of her, on the subject.

Enjoy!

http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/en/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

Kind regards,

Kirsten Schults
the Netherlands

MoYO helpt coaches hun effectiviteit te vergroten door de meest voorkomende valkuilen aan te pakken. De sleutel? Persoonlijk leiderschap, overzicht en structuur. Abonneer je op de nieuwsbrief en ontvang regelmatig waardevolle tips en inspiratie:www.mindofyourown.nl