[geeklog-devel] Support Program Overview

Tom Willett tomw at pigstye.net
Tue Jan 14 12:38:31 EST 2003

Here is my take on the support program overview document.

Let me note that at this time I do not have time to participate and do not
anticipate having time for the foreseeable future.  As an interested party,
who as participated in two business start ups, I have offered my advice and
suggestions in the hope that this venture will succeed.

A few jewels of business wisdom I have learned:

Do not under price your services -- people will think you are offering a
cheap product.

It takes no more effort to sell someone with 10 websites than it does
someone with 1.

The bigger the company the slower the payment.

The bigger the company the more they will insist on a discount -- hold your
ground, they treat all vendors that way, and in the end you will not loose
any business.

Do not stoop to slanderous advertisements -- when you belittle your
competitors you belittle yourself.

--
Tom Willett
tomw at pigstye.net