[geeklog-devel] GL2 and coder apathy

LIMBURG, Mark mark.limburg at baesystems.com
Tue Jun 10 19:53:18 EDT 2003

Howdy

I won't bother to quote anyone, I'm sure we all read the list.

I got out of core GL coding because it was over my head - simple as that.
GL1.3.x I can understand, and although I had a bunch of different opinions
on what and how to implement parts of GL, we still worked together and
pretty well I might add.  This was why I was interested in the 1.3.x
codebase.

I am HIGHLY interested in the 2.x codebase, but I just don't get it.  I've
tried to read it a few times, and I get lost in the methodology and object
level coding.  It's not something I've done before, at all .. so it's a
little hard to feel that I can make a contribution.  I really wish I could,
as although I've been playing with tikiwiki and phpbb2, I do think GL2 has
the best aim on what is needed and how to get there.  As such, I've reverted
into lurk mode, hoping GL2 gets to the point where I *can* help out ... with
themes, modules, and the whole user interface issue.

I *really* want to help, I just don't know how ...

Mark Limburg

Operations Support Team Leader
Information Services
BAE SYSTEMS Australia