[geeklog-devel] Suggestions from a macosxhints reader...

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Tue Mar 4 12:49:24 EST 2003

Rob Griffiths <robg at macosxhints.com> wrote:

>I'll take a look at that plug-in, but I think what he's asking for is
>more like an 'alert' system where, when a new article is posted, a new
>batch of emails are sent out.

Well, Geeklog does not have such a thing but, as explained, you could use
the Daily Digest as a pretty good approximation. You can also configure
the Digest to send out only the headline and link to the story, if you want.

I seem to remember you're working in batches anyway, i.e. work your way
through your submission queue once or twice a day, so it wouldn't make
sense to send out emails immediately anyway (instead ... Daily Digest ...
you get the point ;-)

http://geeklog.info/