[geeklog-devel] CVS to Release

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Wed Mar 5 03:41:07 EST 2003

LIMBURG, Mark <mark.limburg at baesystems.com> wrote:

>Okay, how about I focus on two things .. moving the hardcoded html into
>templates, and once that's done, I can update the current suite of themes

The current themes (in CVS) are already up to date - we do that anyway
when there are changes in the templates.

>over to the new code, and add three new themes (which I have semi done)

Hmm, did you see Tom Willet's offer to host themes on gplugs.sf.net? I
don't really think we should have each and every theme in the "core" CVS.
Of course, adding one or two more professional-looking themes (like the
one that Simon originally did for GQueer) wouldn't hurt ...

>The only problem I foresee if once 1.3.8 is out, it will require *ALL* third
>party themes to be updated to handle the removal of the hardcoded html.

I don't see a problem with that. The changes will be documented (as we
did with the previous changes, see <http://www.geeklog.net/docs/
theme.html#changes>). At the moment, all you would need to do to upgrade
a theme to CVS/1.3.8 is to copy over the preferences, comment, and search
directories. Oh, and some additional classes that were introduced in
style.css.

http://geeklog.info/