[geeklog-devel] Re: MVC in 1.3.x and 2.0

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Thu Mar 20 10:11:58 EST 2003

On Thu, 20 Mar 2003, Tom Willett wrote:

> Tony,
>
> I have some questions, but mainly I was wondering how integrated this will
> become to GL2.  Will GL2 provide the controller portion like Phrame?

Yes, the controller is included as well as some abstract classes which lay
the foundation for the programs.

> I assume that it will be based on the Model2 version of the MVC
framework.
> What I am really asking is how much standardization and how many hooks will
> GL2 provide for this style of programming or is that what your email was
> trying to find out.

Is the model2 MVC a standard?  I don't know but what I have built is
definitely based on the Model 2.  Remember that not all of what is built
into MVC for java will be in what I have.  IMHO, some of that Java stuff
is bloated.  Code and examples forthcoming...

--
Tony Bibbs          "I guess you have to remember that those who don't
tony at tonybibbs.com  hunt or fish often see those of us who do as