[geeklog-devel] Mail.php vs. mail.php

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Wed Sep 10 14:28:05 EDT 2003

I wrote:

>Anyone?

So, after taking this to the German PHP newsgroup <http://
groups.google.com/groups?th=2bb653212a8e3d0b> it seems we have 2 options:

1. Reorder the include path so that '.', i.e. the current directory, is
searched last.

2. Always use the included PEAR packages and include the PEAR files with
a full path.

I have a working implementation of 1. but I see that this may cause
problems with add-ons that simply use include('some-file.php') if "some-
file" happens to match the name of a PEAR package (or some other file
that's in an include path that's searched first).

So maybe we should go with 2. then? I mean, we have to include the
necessary PEAR packages anyway, so why not use them?

Any comments from a Geeklog 2 perspective, Tony?

http://mypod.de/