[geeklog-devel] Filtering in GL2

Blaine Lang geeklog at langfamily.ca
Mon Dec 13 18:02:35 EST 2004

Tony,

The filtering of input parms as you know is very important and an area that
has really improved since GL 1.3.8 but I would like to suggest we need to
rethink the method used as we have had to extend and add COM functions to do
various filtering an now there are too many that at times conflict with each
other.

Dirk and I have talked on and off about the need for a OO class that would
be more flexible and consistent.
Also we need to be able to pass an array of parms so that we don't have to
make 10 function calls at times with larger forms for example.

This class needs to have all the common dataoperations
- filter
- prepfordisplay - handles stripslashes and html entities
- prepforSave  - handles quotes
- prepforOS -- handles directory path delimiters for example.
- censor

There is more but my headcold is effecting my neural network ;)